Disclaimer: This was my families property at the time these images were taken (the house has since been sold). As much as I love urban exploration, buildings such as these that have been severely damaged/compromised by fire can be dangerous. Since I know that this building was structurally sound, I took the opportunity to grab some final images before the renovations commence.
Many years ago, on my nephews second birthday, I got the call that no one wants to get. My family home, a semi detached duplex, had caught fire on the one side. The side that my sister shared with her family, my parents lived on the other side. Their dryer had caught on fire and it had almost wiped out my entire family. The damage and devastation was mind blowing and after the initial shock wore off and the clean up commenced there wasn’t much money left over for renovations (well over 100K just to get the basics). So there is sat, all these years untouched save for some basic safety measures to make it safe to walk through. It eventually became a storage space of sorts and after my father passed away and the house sold soon after, it was emptied out. So when I went to Cambridge Ontario for my fathers memorial service, I did what any self respecting photographer would do; I took lots and lots of pictures!